Friday, December 19, 2014

Can I buy an E?

I really wish I could actually buy the L because I am so darn sick of this project!! I haven’t had much time to work on it so it is taking forever to get it done. *sigh* I desperately want to start a new project but I really don’t need another WIP *sigh*.
We have been working so hard on getting packages sent to our kids that we don’t even have a tree up – or any decorations at all. We do have cookies though because Scott baked several kinds. I think we decided to skip the tree this year. If we put it up now it would only be up for two weeks. It’s a lot of work to get it up for such a short time. I think Scott is a little depressed about it though.
I did make a cranberry crunch cake and then I made a gingerbread cake. 
We had the gingerbread at Bang! In Colorado – on DDD of course. I was dreaming about the cake the other day when it occurred to me that I could make one!! I looked online and Bang shared their recipe – yay!! If you make it be sure to serve it with whipped cream – makes all the difference in the world!!
 Skinnytaste has a new cookbook out – I checked it out from the library – love it!! I have made two recipes from it already – and plan on making several more. I will photocopy the recipes I like . I don’t like having cookbooks because when I plan my menu I don’t want to have to drag out a bunch of books. I have photocopied every recipe I use and stuck it in my book. She posted an older recipe on her blog – beef and barley soup. Holy cow is it fantastic!! I can’t wait to have it again – such a good rich flavor!!  
my camera doesn't do a very good job - it was delicious!!
Scott always writes my menu on the blackboard he made me - he has lovely handwriting. Some of the pictures he does are funny - I forgot to show you the Thanskgiving one on my last post....
Not much to chat about this blog but I do hope you all have a very merry Christmas.!!
Thanks for stopping by!  HO HO HO

5 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RP is turning out pretty.
    It's almost done!
    The B Barley soup looks delicious.
    Have a very Merry Christnas.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you guys are having festive food. Your soup does look yummy! I hope you and Scott have a wonderful Christmas together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beef barley soup! I have 4ft potted prelit trees that I put out when I'm not hosting Christmas. A lot less decorating, that way yet I still have the joy of seeing the lights. I do leave mine out until February, though. LOL Only one more letter to go. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since my girls have grown and moved out, we only put up a small 4 foot tree. The soup looks so yummy. I love the "E"!

    ReplyDelete