Thursday, May 28, 2015

rain rain go AWAY!!

Hello!!
I have been away on vacation! My mom had planned on having a bed and breakfast or a dude ranch for many years. she has been collecting stuff - furniture and decorations to decorate. She recently decided that she didn't want to do that anymore - she wants to retire and travel. I had asked if I could have one of the pieces of furniture - I offered to pay and she said yes. then she decided that I should go through all of it and take what I wanted!! woo hoo!! We had planned to fly to Colorado in March but Colorado is having a weather crisis - more snow than usual. So, we moved it to May. We flew out on the 14th (thank goodness for Xanex because not only were we one row from the very back - we also flew through lots of bumpy clouds) We landed in a downpour and it basically rained the whole time we were there. Not like Colorado at all - my step dad said he thought he could see the Seattle Space Needle from his yard haha! The crazy rain meant we could not get the ranch where all the stuff is stored. Mom did have some at her house so I rooted through that and took all the good stuff!! We rented a moving truck to take it all home. My uncle Joel and aunt Carol came over from Grand Junction to see us - that was so much fun. We went to a cake place called Glaze - Scott and I had seen it on Unique Sweets  They bake cake on a rotisserie using a spit oven. It is very cool!!
Scott, Diana(my mom), Joel, Carol, Brian (step dad)


apple baum - apple in the center, fill the hole with cinnamon cream, served with caramel and nuts



Scott and I went to the Polish Pottery Outlet we are trying to collect an entire set of Polish pottery - takes awhile because it is expensive. I just love it though!!
cloudy skies grrrr


10 inch dinner plates

8.5 inch salad plates
I got a new mug too
My aunt and uncle headed back to Grand Junction - my uncle accidentally left behind his library book. That book went on a wild adventure - I will post about it in a few days.
 We drove to Santa Fe to see Ryder. Of course we made him go hiking - he had to work and missed most of the hiking but we got him out for one!

Ryder celebrated his 22nd birthday on May 24 - we weren't there for it but we took him a Glaze cake!! We also ate at a Diners Drive ins and Dives (of course) restaurant that Ryder and I had eaten at before - Backroad Pizza they have that incredible beet salad that I found a dill vinaigrette for... mmmmmm  (lettuce, beets, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, feta and the dill vinaigrette mmmmm)

 We went back to Colorado and saw our daughter and her girlfriend (we also saw her best friend but I didn't get a picture of her darn it!) Can't tell which one is mine - can you ha ha

 We had dinner with our friends Al  and Joanie. I will show you pictures of the things we brought back as they get added to my house - I got two wood bowls and a pumpkin picture I am excited to show off!! We left Colorado and a gray rainy day - go figure - damn weather. The first day we had terrible weather across Kansas and it was a struggle for Scott to keep the truck on the road. We got to Kansas City and had dinner at another DDD place - Blue Koi First we had to park about 3 blocks away because of the moving truck - and walk in the rain (fun!) The food was SO good!!!


shrimp and pork pan fried dumplings

firebird chicken on noodles

Chinese style pot roast on noodles

taro bubble tea

Oolong tea
cheese cake wontons
It rained all night
night view

day view
The next morning I was so focused on packing that I washed my contacts down the drain. I am blind as a bat without them. For the last 10 years I carried an extra set with me and NEVER needed them. When my prescription changed drastically and contact prices went from $15 a box to $67 a box I stopped carrying extras. Since we were new to Indianapolis I had just gone to the Walmart Vision center - YAY there are Walmarts everywhere so we went to one and she WOULD NOT help me because my prescription had expired THREE days - THREE!!!!! days prior. So I went the last day with no vision. Really?  I can't see clearly the length of my arm. When night fell it was awful because all I could see were lights. Luckily we only drove for about an hour after dark and were home. That meant we had to go pick up my car the next day - we flew out and left my car at Scott's work. I will never ever ever use Walmart Vision center again. Scott says she was just doing her job but it was three days and I was 10 hours from home - not good. I will always carry a second set - even though that means I will never need them. We got home and in the morning I saw noticed this little creature in my yard (a baby deer)

you almost cant see her - so tiny!! We unpacked the truck and made a lot of noise and she just hid there until we cleared out. Her mom came and got her and we haven't seen her since - her mom has been hanging around though so I know she is close.
No stitchy news this time - I will have something fun to show you very soon though!! Hope you have a lovely week with clear vision and appropriate weather.
 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great visit. Sorry about the rain - the weather hasn't been cooperating for us much, either. Oh well - more time to stay in and stitch - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very newsy post! First, the lady at the Wal-mart was a jerk! She knew you were far form home. As usual all the food looks yummy, you guys do know where to eat. Now about the weather, we need rain so bad! Our lawn looks more like August than June. Now I know where all the rain has been falling, that is except poor Texas! It was so nice that you got to see so many of your family members! I will be waiting anxiously to see all the goodies. I think your mom made the right decision. B&B's are more work than they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip, despite the weather. Don't worry, it's the same everywhere :)
    Hope you managed to get new lenses back home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun filled trip! I admire the Polish pottery too! Such beautiful colors and details. The meals and desserts you guys enjoyed all look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, it still sounds like you had a nice trip. So frustrating about the contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful road trip, despite the contact lens fiasco! Love the Polish pottery store and all of that yummy food. So great that you could catch up with so many of your family on this trip.

    ReplyDelete