Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Just a few things

Hello! A quick blog for a few finishes! I have two to show. First one is Acorn Shaker Box by Jeannette Douglas Designs - I changed the variegated thread - but I am making it again and changing it again. I will find one I like.
My second finish is Ghoul Tidings by Plum Street Sampler - I have too much stash (said no one ever) so I ordered the pattern and then realized that I had it in my stash in a magazine! The magazine (Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2013) has a typo - a oddly placed black pumpkin. I stitched it because there is also a floating acorn - so who am I to say if it belongs. Someone on Facebook pointed out it is wrong so I have removed it!
I tea dyed this fabric - I can't be stopped!

Remember how I said I wouldn't be dying fabric again - well, I can't be trusted..... First let me say that every time I go into my craft room I come out with another pattern kitted - I just gotta stop going in there - I think I have (Scott look away) 14 kitted ACK!!!! I went in there with Scott so he could look at what needs framed and BAM I realized I had a piece of fabric for a Barbara Ana Design
In person this pattern looks like gray fabric - on the back it says natural. So in pictures it sure does look natural - but I had already decided to dye it gray. Ampustitcher on Instagram had dyed a piece of fabric and I liked the way it turned out - she pointed me to Primitive Stitcher on Flosstube. I followed her directions for Rit dying - without the gloves and I used kitchen utensils *gasp* I love love love the way it turned out.
before

after
There is a weird thing on the video though - she says her spoon is 1/8th of a teaspoon and she puts in 4 of those - but then says it's a teaspoon. I used a 1/2 teaspoon and it turned out right. Now I want to dye all my fabrics - but I'm not. I am going to buy some instant coffee so I am ready for my next adventure. I am avoiding the craft room..... but look at all the fun - no - stay out!!
Last weekend we went letterboxing. Washington is gorgeous!!

not sure what this is - but it looks like jewelry

Mt Adams

the Wailing Bell on WSU Vancouver campus
The bell looks superimposed right?

Afterwards we had pizza - oh yeah baby!! Worth every bite - I ate it like it was trying to get away! I lost 14.2 lbs in 36 days. We will be off and on Whole30 for the next two months - holidays. I know it's not supposed to work that way but I can't just go back to "normal" eating for two months.
The cat is asleep face down on my foot - guess I stood in one place too long! HAA
Ok kids - I said quick. Hope you are having a wonderful month. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty finishes, Jamie! And your fabric dyeing--wow! I admire your bravery :)

    Good for you on the weight loss--I'll be you have so much more energy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jamie, you are getting a lot finished. That little acorn design is so pretty and I love the Ghoul Tidings. I just might have to do that one. I like Barbara Ana too. She has lots of cute designs. I love the photos of Washington. It's fun to see a different part from where I live. I love Washington but this Oct. rain is getting to be a bit too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the fabric dyeing! I saw that on FB about the black pumpkin. I'll need to remember that because Ghoul Tidings is a WIP of mine. Nice pictures of where you're at. Congrats on losing that much weight in 36 days! I just plug along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes.
    I love Ghoul Tidings and have the mag, I hope to stitch it one day and had no idea about the black pumpkin! Thanks for the tip, it does look much better without it.
    I have looked into letterboxing as advised and can compare it a bit with geocaching. Seems fun and gets you out and about.
    Congrats on the weight loss too!
    I am trying to be good but know I fail miserably on the exercise bit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finishes. I use RIT dye to do my fabrics and have good luck. Glad to hear you tried again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects.
    Love the dyed fabric.
    Thanks for the link.
    I stitched Ghoul, I would have to go look and see if I did stitch the Pumpkin.
    I might've, and just thought it was suppsed to be there1 lol
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been away from blog reading for quite a while and was surprised to see you moved so far away from Indiana. All of your stitching looks great. I haven't tried to dye fabric, but I love seeing your results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric looks great! I tried the instant coffee and think you may have better results with RIT tan dye. Concoction isn't dark enough and my latest project smells like cheap vanilla extract. ;)
    I ended up adding RIT liquid tan into the coffee in spray bottle and went to town. Also tried ice dyeing which was fun.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete