Friday, December 13, 2013


I GIVE!!!!      UNCLE!!!


 I am in hell - you would think that I wouldn't have frozen pipe issues due to the heat of hell, but no. I always said I'd be in charge of this place but now that I am here I don't want the job.
Remember how we have had to replace almost every single thing that this Martinsville horror (like Amityville) had inside? Well, this week we had to have a furnace guy come out because every time Scott went into the basement aka the music room - he would get dizzy and nauseous. This state has this "home warranty" thing that the seller pays for for your first year. So Scott called them and asked them to come out - they said no it would have to fail before they send someone and Scott told them that by the time it fails we would most likely be dead. That was some motivation. They sent a guy out - yep, we have a fan that is not working correctly so we have an elevated amount of carbon monoxide. Not enough to set off the alarms upstairs but enough to give me a headache for the last week. Some other thing is cracked as well. So he ordered parts and will be back next week - nooo I don't mind the headache for another week - what's a little headache? It's a reminder that the carbon monoxide hasn't killed you - yet. Last night my brand new dishwasher leaked - nope it's not the first time. It has done it the last three times I have run it. The first time I thought a knife was in the door and made it happen, the second time I just thought maybe I didn't close it correctly. Last night I slammed that sucker shut - which I don't think you should have to do to a brand new appliance but maybe I just expect too much. It leaked again - so I got on the Whirlpool site and called the Whirlpool person they say to use - I am waiting for a call back. While I was doing the research online for that repair guy my wash machine dumped half of it's load of water onto the floor - what a neat sound that is. So I shut the thing off and grabbed all my towels and throw them on the floor. The washer is so "smart" that when you shut it off while it still has water in it - it comes back on after 5 minutes and dumps the rest of the water out. Where? Yep, on the floor. I THINK the drain is frozen BUT if it is a sewage back up ... well you can imagine. I took a chance and went into the basement - no water there. I am waiting for the plumber to come tell me WTF!!!!!! I DID have an inspector come look at this dump before I bought it. It cost me $500 and now I get phone calls and emails from someone he is affiliated with  -  trying to "give" me a security system. He didn't notice that the kitchen pipes are all on the outside wall of the kitchen. Thank goodness we noticed -  I have had the kitchen sink dripping for a week now to keep it from freezing - didn't realize that the drain would be an issue. I am ready to buy a new fridge - because my new one (I bought in Colorado so it wasn't a "you're an idiot for not measuring" problem) doesn't fit in the kitchen fridge spot and putting this beast on the market. Of course that means I have a room to paint, a floor to sand and a banister to finish - first. Maybe I am overly emotional about it - maybe it's the headache talking but I think I may be done here. While I'm in this mood - and now that I have met some of the residents here I can imagine them - while wearing their furs - in a Rosemary's Baby devil worshiping scene - maybe in my noxious basement. I would say "Calgon take me away" but we don't have a bathtub that can be used because it's one with moldy tubes and anyway - where would that water go when I pulled the drain? Is it too early to drink?
I would love to welcome my new follower - hope I haven't scared you off with my ranting.
I hope you all are having a 100% better day than I am having.


  1. Holy house from He!! Here is hoping that things simmer down by the holidays and you are back in Raven Wood bliss. It is a perty place. :)

  2. Oh My Goodness, and I thought I was having a bad day!! Maybe it is in the air! I had an anti Christmas spirit experience today. Jamie, I am so sorry for all your trouble! I do agree with PJ, your home is very pretty.

  3. What the heck is going on? Good thing you have a mandated warranty. Such a beautiful house and setting! Maybe when the issues are corrected, that will be the end and you can enjoy it all.

  4. BLERG!!!! That is horrible.

    Ps. You have more frige problems than anyone I know.