Monday, February 11, 2013

Cooking

Hello,
This week I made one of my favorite things - mango coconut chia pudding I eat it for breakfast with a banana. This time though, I doubled the recipe. I was inspired by Taylor to use other fruit. I used mango, blueberries and strawberries. The last two have fewer points so I used a little more. I used 3/4 c mango and 1/2 of each of the other two. I used two Tablespoons honey for sweetening and no coconut so it is still the same points. Can't wait to have some - kills me that it has to sit for a few hours!!


I also made this wonderful Mongolian beef recipe that I serve with broccoli that I just steam.  Not sure where I got the recipe.

Mongolian Beef
 1 T dark sesame
2t minced garlic
5 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lb flank steak cut into thin strips
1/4 c water
2 T soy sauce
1 T and 1 t cornstarch
2 t crushed red pepper
2 t brown sugar

Mix water and next four ingredients and set aside. Heat oil over medium heat, add garlic, green onions and cook stirring frequently. Add beef and cook. Add mixture until thick - only a few seconds. Serve over jasmine rice.
  It is 234 calories, 11g fat, 25.4 protein, 637g carbs 335 mg sodium without broccoli and rice.

 This dish is fantastic and it cooks up quick.



1 comment: