Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cooking

Hello,
So I made the sweet potato recipe - fantastic. I will re-post it since it got deleted. I got it from my Aunt Debbie. She had written it down out of a magazine but had changed a thing or two. I tried to find the recipe with no luck - I decided it would be her recipe and called it...
 Aunt Debbie's Fantastic Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
7 c 1/4 sliced and peeled sweet potatoes
2 qt chicken stock
2 T oil or butter
3 T flour
1.5 c 2% milk
2 garlic cloves
3 oz Gruyere
1 oz Parmesan grated
 rosemary
chives
in a 4 qt pan cook potatoes in stock for 4 minutes. Reserving the stock and draining so that the potatoes stay intact. Spray a 2 qt casserole dish and place half potatoes in the bottom. In sauce pan heat oil or butter, sprinkle flour and stir constantly for a minute, add garlic and cook two minutes, combine milk with 1 c reserved broth and gradually add to flour mixture stirring constantly. Add rosemary and bring to boil cook 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat - you can strain it but I didn't. add salt, pepper and Gruyere Pour half on potatoes , put the rest of the potatoes and the rest of the sauce, sprinkle Parmesan on top and bake 350 for an hour, broil to brown and sprinkle with chives
Debbie's sweet potatoes without chives

with roasted chicken

and fabulous wine!! Sweet and bubbly! 
That is all. Have a lovely day.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Cricket - You are set up in bloggers as a "no reply" so this is the only way I know to contact you. You asked about my headers over at Grden Grumbles & Cross Stitch Fumbles. If you'd email me - via my ontact info and let me know what month you were interested in I'd send it to you - make sure you send your email address.

    ReplyDelete