Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hello

Howdy folks,
My weekend was good. Scott took part of Friday off and we went to see the Van Gogh Exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. Scott was thrilled to see this exhibit - he very much enjoyed every picture!! I also enjoyed the exhibit. I have to say that I was not very familiar with his work and after seeing some of his paintings I am not a fan. There were a few pictures I really liked but I think you have to like that style of painting and I guess I don't. We saw some of the other things at the museum - I love the  Brian Knep interactive exhibit. The totem poles in the American Indian Art exhibit are one of my favorites!!
Scott is in there but I had my phone on the wrong color - ack! 
We went to visit the new stitching store in Denver!! Stitching Shop is the name - kinda hard to find. She doesn't have a sign yet so you have to look for the address and the name on the building is "Hause Equipment"  - it's in there. She has tons of fun things. I bought a Mill Hill ornament (Snowflake Tree) the package doesn't do it justice but there was a finished one on the wall and I loved it. She has classes and fun things going on - so check it out!! I'm thrilled there is a new store in town!!
We ate at Biker Jim's. The chocolate milkshake is great and the fries are good. The hotdog was ok - the menu is more fun than the food tastes if that makes sense. I don't know that we will go back but I'm glad we went. Scott got a hotdog with carmelized onions and cream cheese. He got fries and fried macaroni (which could use some green chilies in it) this is what I got...
shake, homemade chips, the Bat Dog 
Saturday we planned out our vacation basics. We are going to Massachusetts this year for a weekend long letterbox meet at a campground - FUN!!! We are driving, so we decided to take two weeks (or a little more) and hit some fun spots! If anybody knows of any cross stitch stores on Salem MA - Boston MA or Portland Me or even Buffalo NY let me know. So here is a rough plan...
First night in Des Moines, hit a DDD in Goshen , We stay 2 days in Cleveland (we will go to the Market, eat at Lucky's, The Melt bar and Grilled and Geraci's, Scott is going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame while I hit two local cross stitch stores Crafty Ewe and Just Stitching, We will visit family and go to Heggy's Nut Shop for chocolate covered pecans mmmmmm!!) Next night in Buffalo NY, see Niagara falls, eat at a diner, next night in Kingston - we will letterbox here. Next night in Portland ME (DDD and boxes), We stay 2 days in Salem  - also going to see Boston and the Freedom trail. Eat at Diners!! Letterbox!! Then we go to our letterbox event. Then it's off to Winchester VA, diners and boxing along the way. Then Nashville, then Memphis (Graceland) then Oklahoma city, then Albuquerque (the Frontier for burritos, tortillas and cinnamon rolls!!!)  then HOME!! We are coming back a different route than usual - we have come across I70 and I 80 every time we travel! This time we get new boxes and new diners to visit. Looks like we will have boxes in 22 states on that vacation and diners in 11 states!! We are both looking forward to this trip - even though it is packed full!! I have brothers who live in TN and TX. I hope to see them on this trip but mostly we are driving through those states so it might be hard!
We went and saw "Silver Linings Playbook" late Saturday - that was fun and the movie is good! Both the lead actors in this movie play crazy really well!! I enjoyed it! 
I did manage to cook a few things this weekend. I made a new recipe  - squash boats, Very good, I love spaghetti squash. I made buffalo cauliflower just to see what it tasted like for snacking - very good. I made blue cheese dressing for dipping - gooood stuff!!   Scott and I made Vietnamese shaking beef  together. This is one of my favorite Skinny Taste recipes. I wrote on my recipe to add cucumber as well as the tomato because it is fantastic with cucumber!  The marinade smells funny because it is fish sauce and oyster sauce but it has such a great flavor - not fishy at all!! I double the vinaigrette because I serve this on lettuce and you spoon some of it over the whole thing for dressing. I can't wait to try the newest recipe on the Skinny Taste  blog baked spaghetti squash and cheese- sounds delicious! 
Scott sent me a picture tonight of a frame he is working on  - isn't it lovely!! I can't wait to see it finished!
Bushel and a Peck
I hardly stitched this weekend. At home I am working on Jingle Bells Tree Farm by Victoria Sampler. At work I am working on Bear Tree Forest by Little House Needleworks. Lots of snow - bad planning! HA I need to knit some more crooked dish clothes because I used my new one and I liked it! Maybe the next one will be straight - maybe!
I still love my new Kia - we drove it all over this weekend! It got 22 mpg - Dodge only got 13.5 WOO HOO and to fill it was $40 instead of $70. 
Well, I know I was long winded but I have been doing more than one post at a time and I think that is distracting so one lone one it is!! Hope you all have a good week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment