Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Good morning!!

Hello!!
I have a new follower..... that makes SIX!! Woo hoo - PJ From Porcupine Needle  She has a lovely blog!!

I am on the computer today to plan our trip to Live and Breathe - THE letterboxing event!! We will be at a huge campground from Friday night until Monday morning - over labor day  There will be 209 overnighters and, I think, 90 day trippers. That is a lot of people!! I'm most excited for night boxing - never done that before!! I have heard they put light strips up and you have to follow them with your flashlight - fun!! There is a masquerade party and a talent show. On our way up we will be staying in Canada by Niagara Falls - never been!! As I said before it will be our first box in another country and our first stamp on our passports!! On our way back we are going to go see the ocean - he may not be able to get me back in the car because I belong at the ocean. We will be taking a different way back - to get other boxes in other states of course!! Plus we plan on stopping at some of the DDD along the way!
I better get to planning.....

** I'm adding to this post - I make a travel book every time we go somewhere. It has directions to all our hotels - confirmation numbers - letterboxes we must get (we get at least one in each state we pass through) - local diners with their phone numbers and hours - directions to any Roadside America places we want to stop  - all the fun stuff!! This one also has all the information on other letterboxers we need (special stamps they carry and their signature stamps)
The Travel Book 

  
first page!!



From Wikipedia -  Letterboxers hide small, weatherproof boxes in publicly accessible places (like parks) and distribute clues to finding the box in printed catalogs, on one of several web sites, or by word of mouth. Individual letterboxes usually contain a notebook and a rubber stamp.Finders make an imprint of the letterbox's stamp, either on their personal notebook or on a postcard, and leave an impression of their personal stamp on the letterbox's "visitors' book" or "logbook" — as proof of having found the box and letting other letterboxers know who has visited. Many letterboxers keep careful track of their "find count". A good site is Atlas Quest. This hobby takes you to fun places! I'm going to Massachusetts!!

5 comments:

  1. My goodness. I am old and out of the loop. What the heck is letterboxing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you are going to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the explanation. It does look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thank you Cricket-bug! Lovin' your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your letterbox adventure; sounds like a BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete